Analyst - Valuations/Underwriting
Position Title: Analyst- Valuations/Underwriting
Location: Bethesda, MD Office
Reports to: Valuations/Underwriting Team Leader
- Provide analytical and modeling support to the performing loan management, underwriting, and new business due diligence teams.
- Develop tools to create efficiencies in managing and maximizing the performance of large commercial real estate and loan portfolios.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain models utilizing Excel and database programs to project various financial returns and property values, and to track other loan and real estate portfolio metrics.
- Underwrite real estate and loans. Duties include valuation analysis and determination using the sales comparison, income capitalization, DCF, and cost approach, capitalization rate analysis, rent comparability studies, expense comparability analysis, neighborhood and location analysis, property screenings, market analysis, demand analysis, supply analysis, operating expense analysis, and document file review.
- Perform financial statement and operating statement analysis including the review, update, and analysis of historical financial information and the preparation of associated reports and variance analysis.
- Assist in preparation of strategic business plans for all asset types for credit committee approval, including 10-year cash flow projections and net present value calculations.
- Create and prepare monthly third party investment status reports and ensure timely delivery to clients.
- Create and prepare ad-hoc and various internal monthly status reports.
- Special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, real estate or related field.
- 2-4 years of experience in commercial real estate.
- Solid verbal and written communications skills and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills important.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment with ever changing deadlines and requirements.
- Argus skills and advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel. Access and Macro/VBA a plus.