Since 2007, our team has successfully resolved over $100 Billion of loans encompassing approximately 5,600 assets.
- Our asset managers are experienced in working out assets of all types including office, retail, multi-family, mixed-use, lodging, and industrial, and their expertise spans markets all over the United States, including secondary and tertiary markets
- CWCapital has a consistent and successful track record for utilizing cutting edge disposition strategies, including modifications, foreclosure, and asset sales
- Highly rated by agencies S&P and Fitch
S&P Global Ratings’ overall ranking on CWCapital Asset Management LLC (CWCAM) is STRONG as a commercial mortgage loan special servicer ranking.
“We believe CWCAM maintains an efficient and reliable platform for managing a high-volume portfolio of nonperforming commercial mortgage loans. In particular, it has a highly experienced and reasonably well-tenured management team, solid internal controls, a strong risk management program, and a robust technology platform. While staffing levels have been affected by attrition necessitated by portfolio run-off in recent years, the senior management team has remained stable, and average employee experience and tenure levels, which are largely similar to peers, have remained consistent since our prior review.”
Key Ranking Factors:
- Highly experienced and reasonably well-tenured senior management and asset management staff.
- Good leverage of proprietary special servicing technology system.
- Substantial audit, compliance, and control framework.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully resolve defaulted loans and manage real-estate owned (REO) assets of all levels of complexity
Fitch Ratings overall ranking for Commercial Special Servicer: CSS2+
Key Rating Drivers:
- Staffing and Training
- Procedures and Controls
- Defaulted/Nonperforming Loan Management
- Stable business plan with steady flow of new business offsetting portfolio declines
- Best in class to improving technology, well managed upgrades
- Stable control environment; no material audit findings.
- Stable operations, no material changes year-over-year